Subdivision Tips, South Australia (C: +61431138537),

Monday, April 10, 2017

Divorce in South Australia

Lisa Omar
12 July 2016 Assalamualaikum Out of curiosity, when muslim couples divorce (for whatever the reason might be), and despite whoever requests it (be it the wife or the husband), is there some paper documentation/certificate given to say 'yes these two aren' t married to each other anymore' issued by masjids/imams/respected sheikhs? Because I know it is not necessary for us to register our marriage to the Aussie side of things especially when your marriage is recognised (for example, nikah in Malaysia, recognised by Australia 'cause we get proper documentation saying we' re married etc issued by islamic council back in Malaysia. The same goes if a couple is divorced) If no, shouldn't there be one? To avoid certain complications in the future of course incase they wanna remarry etc. Just asking. Not stirring up anything. Representatives, please explain😊 3 Comments 2 2 Like Show More Reactions Comment Comments Taher Alwani you should ask this to a shiekh or alim not here. but yes there is a paper given by whichever shiekh does the divorce. Like · Reply · 1 · 12 July 2016 at 13:28 Lisa Omar I assume there be representatives of masjids and associations here there could explain seeing that there are people in our community going through (or may have exprienced) a divorce, just so they know their rights, brother. Understandable there might be people in our community who are shy or may have language barriers to seek assistance with local sheikhs /imams... shy because they're worried people spreading rumours,because IT HAPPENS. We're all here to learn, to be informed and this should be a safe environment, don't you think so? #haqq Unlike · Reply · 5 · 12 July 2016 at 14:21 · Edited Taher Alwani regardless they must go to a shieck/alim to go through with the divorce so might aswell ask one first inshAllah. There is no alims or shiekhs on this page so we should avoid opinions when it comes to these matters. Unlike · Reply · 2 · 12 July 2016 at 14:25 Lisa Omar Well of course they do, not saying that they should not.Just that they should also know what will happen, and what to expect and all that stuff.I think my question was pretty clear, whether there is a paper documentation given in talaq cases (as there wouldbe in nikah).It's not a gray area question, I believe it was pretty much a yes or no.That is all.jazakallahu khayr Like · Reply · 4 · 12 July 2016 at 14:29 Tessa Umm Yousef Plus a lot of the time the Sheiks never answer :P Like · Reply · 2 · 13 July 2016 at 02:58 Melissa Beaver Ahmed Bassal could u find out the answer to this please? Like · Reply · 13 July 2016 at 18:43 Write a reply... Faiza Kaply Yes in Malaysia we have a mufti for each states (14 altogether). The marriages, counselling and divorce must be register to the state mufti office. And we have to attend pre marital course and take hiv test before marry. Like · Reply · 1 · 12 July 2016 at 13:36 Marcia Bell Ok I've asked this question at the mosque On Monday, in order to be divorced Islamicly u first need a divorce here in Australia, 2 after the divorce goes to court and approved after 1 month u will get documents from the courts here, 3 u take those divorce papers and show the imam, they will help u Islamicly divorce in the mosque Unlike · Reply · 3 · 12 July 2016 at 19:14 Lisa Omar Jazakallahu khayr for the info, sister. 😊 Insha Allah I hope anybody who needs assistance /wants to know the procedure /information now knows that this is how it is done and may Allah make it easy on them. I understand the sensitivity of the issue, but when you see it so rampant in our community and some may be at loss or unsure(divorce is a very emotional situation & very stressful that affects everyone from the married party & both families involved) especially those who just reverted, it can be such an overwhelming matter. Unlike · Reply · 2 · 13 July 2016 at 00:42 · Edited Marcia Bell Also the talaq has to be done infront of the imam, not saying it to it face or in a sms either it is not valid so the imam that I saw was at the Ali khalil mosque On torrens road, very good advice I was given Unlike · Reply · 1 · 12 July 2016 at 19:40 Lisa Omar Yes, that is a well known fact (shari'ah-ly speaking). But it has come to my attention there are cases where no letter was issued to the divorced parties by the local imam/sheikh. Wallahu'alam. Unlike · Reply · 1 · 12 July 2016 at 19:43 Marcia Bell My advice to the local mosque and just ask for advice,

No comments: