Subdivision Tips, South Australia (C: +61431138537), https://www.facebook.com/RealEstateSA5000/

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Carbon Monoxide Detected in Buildings After Smoke Rises From Center City Street

Updated 9 minutes ago Firefighters evacuated several buildings due to high levels of Carbon Monoxide after smoke rose up in the middle of a Center City street. Smoke rose up from a manhole on the 1500 block of Locust Street Sunday afternoon. Witnesses reported hearing a loud noise or explosion underground. •Fire Destroys North Philadelphia Home CO was then detected in the buildings on 1516, 1518 and 1520 Locust Street by responding firefighters. All three buildings, as well as a bar on 1511 Locust Street, were evacuated. •K-9s Graduate From Penn Vet Working Dog Center Officials are currently ventilating the buildings and are checking an underground pipeline to find the source of the smoke. PECO told NBC10 the smoke may have been caused by an issue with underground equipment. They also said melting snow may have caused water to leak inside the casing that holds electrical cables, causing the thick black smoke to rise. They have not yet confirmed this however and PECO crews are currently investigating. They also said no customers have been impacted. •Five K-9s Graduate From Penn Vet Working Dog Center No injuries have been reported. This story is developing. Stay with NBC10.com for updates. Read more: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Carbon-Monoxide-Detected-in-Buildings-After-Smoke-Rises-From-Center-City-Street-293496531.html#ixzz3SW8VPD1F Follow us: @nbcphiladelphia on Twitter | nbcphiladelphia on Facebook

No comments: